Tuesday 9 February 2010

Evaluation of the preliminary exercise

With the preliminary exercise I didn't feel as though I'd put much thought into the research material. The research was mainly done by Andy, but this time round I would like to take a more active part and help out with the research. This is because I feel that I could be quite good at the research, as it is something that I have done quite a lot in the past. I mainly created the storyboard for the preliminary exercise, but I would like to help more with the script in the main exercise. I think I would be good at the script writing as I am an English Language student, and therefore I have done script writing before. I felt that I didn't do a particularly good job when filming. This was because I hadn't much experience with a camera, and therefore I didn't really know how to get all the right shots to make a good clip. Lee taught me how about steady cam, and how to hold the camera without using a tripod. I also had trouble getting the continuity right within the clip. This again was part of my lack of knowledge about how to film. I did feel that I did a good job for my first attempt, but would like to do something else when it comes to the main exercise.
With the post production, I found myself doing a lot of the editing. This was because Andy was absent through most of the lessons and I was the only one who really understood how to use Windows Movie Maker. I wouldn't mind being the editor for the main exercise, even though it would be more difficult. I just feel that I would be good at cutting the clips, and making the continuity work. Finding the sound clip needed for the preliminary exercise was quite easy, however we know that it is going to be a lot more difficult with the main exercise, because we are looking at using a song, and we need to make sure it's not copyrighted.
The final clip for our preliminary exercise worked really well, but could of been better in many different ways. I know what I need to focus more on, next time, and I can take on the knowledge gained from this piece.




This is our finished project:

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete